I am a professional designer experienced in all stages of creative design production, including initial conceptualization, concept pitches, material sourcing, technical production, team management and long-term project cultivation. Having worked in a range of design industries, I thrive within a collaborative group environment and I am passionate about bringing innovative and gripping art to life.
New York University (TISCH School) MFA Stage and Film Design ‘13
J.S. Seidman Award recipient for Excellence in Design
University of California Davis BA Dramatic Arts, Emphasis in Costume Design ’08
Graduated with Honors
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Associates of Arts in Fashion Design ’05
Graduated Cum Laude
•Hand & Computer-Aided design and illustration
•Adobe (CS6) Illustrator and Photoshop, Excel, Windows
•Research & Concept Design
•Pattern Drafting & Construction
•Hand Embroidery & Beading
•Exceptional Organizational Skills
•Bilingual (English & Russian)
· Freelance Costume Designer for theater and film, (New York)
Conceived of designs & concept with a director and collaborative design group, research period, culture and context of story, managed and directed the production of designs, including overseeing fittings and construction of clothes, documented details of construction of design for run of show, wardrobe crew and future productions.
· Susan Hilferty Design Studio, Studio Assistant, (New York)
Managed all post-production work, assisted in organizing events, coordinated materials for an International Costume exhibition.
· Metropolitan Opera, Production Assistant (New York)
Liaison between Assistant to Head Costume Shop Manager and Cutters and drapers, management, maintenance and updating of the show bible, prepare and assist in fittings and technical rehearsals, design sourcing and research, cataloguing production information into Production Bibles.
· Gotham Chamber Opera, (La Descente d’Orphee, designed by Victoria Tzykun)
Head craftsperson responsible for building and painting headpieces, removable accessories for dresses and custom gloves.
· New York Theater Workshop, Production of Schlomo Carlbach Musical (designed by Maggie Morgan)
Position involved shopping and sourcing costume pieces, accessories and materials ranging in historical periods.
· American Conservatory Theater, Costume Rental Shop (San Francisco)
Fitted and styled costumes for both private clients and for plays for the Conservatory Acting Program; handled alterations and maintenance of costumes. Led to a head designer position in a production of Cripple of Inishman.
· Private Custom Clothing Design, (San Francisco)
Designed, sourced, patterned and constructed eveningwear for private clients.
· Event Planner, (San Francisco)
Conceptualized and produced several 300-person, catered, formal events. Projects involved managing and maintaining a team, a budget, vendors, caterers and guest lists.
· Gap, (San Francisco)
Responsibilities included sourcing fabrics internationally and leading private Adobe tutorials.
· Paparazzi Boutique, (San Francisco)
Sales representative at a high-end boutique responsible for designing and installing window displays, styling and shopper services for private clients.
Head Designer in Theater & Film:
• Temp (TISCH Graduate Film)
• Orestes (Columbia University)
• Rice and Chicken Parts (TISCH)
• She Stoops To Conquer (TISCH)
• Grand Morelos, Costume & Production Design (TISCH Graduate Film)
• Spin (New York University Undergraduate Film)
• Dream, Modern Dance performance (TISCH)
• Cash for Gold (Columbia University, Film)
• Scrap, Modern Dance Performance (TISCH)
• Cripple of Inishman (ACTYoung Conservatory)
• St. Joan (Contra Costa Community Theater)
• A Piece of Water (UCD Production)
• Something About Death Play Series (Actor’s Studio)
Assistant Designer in Theater & Film:
• Commercial Production of Here Lies Love, designed by Clint Ramos
• Zach Theater Production of The Gospel At Colonus, designed by Court Watson
• Gotham Chamber Opera Production of Baden Baden, designed by Court Watson
• Glimmerglass Opera Production of Passions, designed by Beth Goldenberg
• Glimmerglass Opera Production of King For A Day, designed by Court Watson
• American Musical Theatre production of Jersey Boys, designed by Marina Agabekov